Extended Air Defense Simulation (EADSIM) is the most mature and widely used force-on-force model in the world. With almost 30 years of development and high-fidelity refinements, EADSIM is the preferred model for evaluation and validation of a broad range of weapon systems and capabilities. EADSIM incorporates user-driven capabilities with a proven, rapid-response capability to develop and support the model meeting evolving user needs. Teledyne Brown Engineering is the original and continuous developer of EADSIM, first deployed in 1989.
VERSION 19 IS AVAILABLE!
We are pleased to announce the release of Version 19 of EADSIM. The capability of simulation tools often determines the boundaries of analyses. Major new EADSIM features which expand those boundaries include neutral entity representation coupled with requisite impacts on perceived Combat Identification, additional capabilities supporting defensive fighter operations coupled with improvements to coordinated refueling operations for both defensive and long haul offensive operations, continued expansion of representation of Integrated Air and Missile Defense capabilities, and management of jamming resources within the Electronic Warfare environment. Many of these capabilities significantly impact the operation of EADSIM across the Live, Virtual, and Constructive simulation gamut. Not only do these features operate fully within the internal, constructive simulation, these new features provide additional depth to both truth and perception presented to other federates and operators in the loop when operating in a distributed environment. Supporting these system representation capabilities are a number of general simulation environment improvements. These include additional data logging, data extraction, and presentation capabilities, as well as an embedded data pedigree capability and a significant scenario execution speed boost.
EADSIM’s training approach is simple in concept, thorough in approach and provided in an interactive training lab environment. Model theory and operation are taught in a lecture format. Hands-on exercises use the theory and operation to build and execute scenarios, with each building upon the knowledge and skill of previous lecture elements. Application of this progressive training process to each of the model elements assures development of user skills and understanding of EADSIM.
- Basic Courses
- EADSIM Fundamentals - This course covers the basic information and skills needed to develop models to evaluate system, technical and operational performance.
- Advanced Courses
- User Rules - Focuses on the concepts of EADSIM User Rules capabilities in operation across a variety of engagement types.
- EADSIM Sensors - Covers details of various sensor models, from application of simple modeling techniques to detailed representations to associated C3 for emissions control.
- EADSIM Flex CDR/SAM – An advanced course that delves deeply into the building blocks of SAM/C3 modeling, including a greater learning of the outputs that illustrate performance and lead to Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) and Measures of Performance (MOPs).
- For other course information and considerations please contact EADSIM User Services.
All other questions and requests can be forwarded to the EADSIM User Services Team or for live support contact the EADSIM hot line (1-800-C3I-USER) / EADSIM.Hotline@Teledyne.com.