QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM
TBE is committed to providing quality products and services. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients, who rely on the quality and integrity of our analytical data.
The Company’s policy for producing quality products and services has been defined by the TBE president as: TBE will provide products and services that meet or exceed contract requirements and satisfy the customer.
TBE’s Environmental Services Laboratory Quality Assurance (QA) System is designed to meet multiple quality standards imposed by customers, programs, and multiple regulatory agencies. These standards and regulations include, but are not limited to:
- NRC 10 CFR 50 Appendix B
- NRC 10 CFR 61
- NRC Regulatory Guide 1.21
- NRC Regulatory Guide 4.15, Rev 1, 1979
- ANSI N 42.23
- ANSI N 13.30
- NELAC Standard, Chapter 5
- ISO Guide 17025.
All laboratory staff receive training on Quality Assurance and Quality Control policies, procedures, and manuals. The ultimate responsibility for a successful Quality Program lies with each employee. TBE’s employees ensure that we meet our Quality Standards on a daily basis.
- Standard Procedures
- Sample and Data Integrity
- Complete and Accurate Records
- Customer Technical Specifications
- Document Control
- Internal Quality Control Samples
- Interlaboratory Proficiency Evaluation Programs
- Instrument Calibrations
- Instrument Backgrounds
- Instrument Source Checks
- Control Charts
- Control of Measuring and Test Equipment (balances, pipettes, weights, etc.)
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION PROGRAMS
To ensure that our laboratory’s analytical results are of the highest quality, TBE places great emphasis on participation in Performance Evaluation Programs (PEP) that include:
- Analytics, Inc.
- Environmental Resource Associates (ERA)
- Department of Energy – Mixed Analyte Performance Evaluation Program (MAPEP)
- Client initiated.
We participate in the program for all applicable radioactive isotopes and at the maximum frequency of availability.
TBE has a long history of successful participation in performance evaluation programs for radionuclide analyses.