TBE’s Knoxville facility has over 25,000 square feet of laboratory space. The laboratory is large enough to allow for a high level of specialization, with dedicated areas for the analysis of environmental-level samples. Sample storage is also segregated for environmental versus higher-level radioactivity.
TBE’s Environmental Laboratory has an extensive inventory of nuclear counting equipment and laboratory hoods to handle a large capacity of work.
Chain of Custody (COC) Customization
The integrity of all samples is maintained throughout the entire laboratory process from receipt to return or disposal. A customized, electronic COC is available to meet the specific needs of your project.
Below is a partial list of professional analytical services available at our Environmental Laboratory:
- Radiochemical analysis for gross alpha, gross beta, I131, Sr89, Sr90, Fe55, C14,Tc99, Ni63, and Pb210
- Gamma spectroscopy for fission products, activation products, natural radioisotopes, and radioisotopes for research and medical treatment, including K40, Mn54, Co58, Cs134, Cs137, Ra226, Ra228, and PB210
- Hard to Detects (HTDs) – Fe55, Ni63, Sr89, Sr90, Tc99, H3, C14, and I129
- Detection of tritium in surface and ground water, Alpha spectroscopy for Cm243/244, Po210, and other alpha emitting radionuclide.
- Bioassays of urine and feces for alpha isotopic, tritium, gross beta minus K40, and other isotopes on request.
- Gross alpha and beta
- Gamma spectroscopy
- Alpha Spectroscopy
- Isotopic Americium and Curium (Am241, Cm242, Cm243/244)
- Neptunium (Np237)
- Isotopic Thorium (Th228, Th230, Th232)
- Isotopic Plutonium (Pu238, Pu239/240)
- Isotopic Uranium (U234, U235, U238)
- Gamma Spectroscopy
- Low-Energy Gamma Spectroscopy
- Liquid Scintillation
- Proportional Counter
- I131 (low level)
TBE’s Environmental Laboratory maintains a large variety of radiological counting and survey instruments. TBE is fully equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation to provide a broad spectrum of radioanalytical services to our clients in the most-efficient, cost-effective manner possible.