Teledyne Brown Engineering has the honor of being named one of the healthiest workplaces in America. The Wellness Councils of America (WELCOA) awarded Teledyne the Gold Level Well Workplace Award for successfully building a comprehensive worksite wellness program. In addition, TBE has received several other awards for its outstanding wellness initiatives:
- Bronze Level Recognition in American Heart Association's 2020 Workplace Health Achievement
- CEO Cancer Gold Standard Award and Accreditation
- State of Alabama Winner of the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the Alabama Psychological Association
- National Winner of the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the American Psychological Association
- Company of Excellence Award from the American Cancer Society
- Fit Friendly Award from the American Heart Association
- Best Places to Work winner from the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
Healthy Steps Program
Employee health and well-being is very important to TBE. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive wellness program called the Healthy Steps Program. This is an innovative program that gives incentives for being healthy. Those employees who achieve certain targets in the program receive a monetary reward of up to $250.00 each year.
On-Site Fitness Center with State-of-the-Art Equipment
Our free-of-charge facility includes top-of-the-line cardiovascular and resistance-training equipment, locker rooms with showers, a room for group exercise and stretching, and a wellness resource library.
Exercise Classes with Certified Instructors
Weekly Yoga and Total Body Workout classes are taught by certified instructors free of charge.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
CIGNA is our EAP provider for personal and family counseling.
Health Screenings and Health Risk Appraisals
Regular blood pressure screenings and annual comprehensive screenings are offered on-site to employees at no cost. Online health risk appraisals are offered annually.
Tobacco Cessation Programs
TBE maintains a tobacco-free campus. To support our employees, we offer on-site tobacco cessation programs. In addition, our prescription insurance covers tobacco cessation aids.
Behavior Change Programs
We offer many different behavior change programs. Past programs include "5K Training Program", "Eat Right for Life", "Stop Stress this Minute", "Power of Plants", "Walk with Ease", "Take Charge of Your Health" and more.
Chronic Condition Management Programs
We offer both individual health coaching and a workshop series for those individuals who need assistance in managing chronic health conditions.
On-Site Registered Nurse
TBE has a registered nurse on the main Huntsville campus who provides a number of valuable health and wellness services, including:
- Health counseling, coaching, and consultation
- Answering questions related to the wellness program, fitness center, group exercise classes, health insurance, and other employee benefits
- Treating on-the-job injuries
- Dispensing over-the-counter medications
- Blood pressure screenings and monitoring
- Blood sugar screenings and monitoring
- Flu Shots
A variety of informative wellness classes are offered to employees on topics such as healthy nutrition, benefits of exercise, heart health, cancer prevention, stress management and more.
1-800-933-2091 ext. 61410